History

December 1957:Raymond S. Gurnick and a friend founded Seaway Bolt & Specials Corp. - named for the St. Lawrence Seaway which had opened that year and for the ladder bolts they intended to manufacture. They housed their endeavor in a small one-room building, with a “handful” of employees and one ladder-rod production machine. When it became apparent that there was overcapacity in the industry for ladder rod bolts, the men turned to Plan B, which was the manufacture of Pipe Plugs and Drain Plugs.